The USU Geology Department's Advisory Board consists of former students and friends of the Department. Board members represent the following geoscience areas: petroleum industry, mining, secondary education (G6-12), higher education, environmental/engineering geology, and state and federal agencies. Members need not be graduates of Utah State University. The purposes of the Board are to promote the recognition, welfare, and progress of the Department, to encourage financial and other support of the Department, and to advise the Department in matters regarding the status of economic, regulatory, or other factors that impact the department’s teaching and research mission. Specific objectives of the Board are:
- To provide advice and act as an independent consulting body for faculty, students and staff on departmental issues.
- To provide input to the Department from a wide range of groups in an effort to maintain high-quality curricula and degree programs in the Department.
- To inform alumni, friends of the University, and the public about the Department and to promote its work and services.
- Act as an independent voice to communicate with alumni, governmental officials, and industry officials regarding issues that impact the Department.
- To assist in fundraising and development activities, as necessary.
CURRENT ADVISORY BOARD MEMBERS
Mark Birch - Mark_Birch@golder.com
Mark Dubois - Mark.Dubois@Newmont.com
Dan Rogers - DTR@amsted.com
Angela Isaacs - email@example.com
Al Jones - firstname.lastname@example.org
Dave Loope - email@example.com
Mike Lowe - firstname.lastname@example.org
Craig Nelson - email@example.com
Stephen Personius - firstname.lastname@example.org
Caleb Pollock - Caleb.Pollock@pxd.com
Andy Taylor - Andy.Taylor@anadarko.com
Paul Jamison - email@example.com
Dustin Keele - DustinKeele@chevron.com
Use the following link to view the Advisory Board's Bylaws.
Feb 15, 2016
USU Closed for Presidents' Day
Feb 16, 2016
Spring Semester 2016 ~ Follow Monday Class Schedule
Feb 22, 2016
Geology Distinguished Lecture Series: Julie Fosdick, Ph. D., Assistant Professor, Department of Geological Sciences, Indiana University Bloomington
Feb 29, 2016
Geology Distinguished Lecture Series: Peter Molnar, Ph. D., Professor, Department of Geological Sciences, University of Colorado~Boulder
>> Click here for more events